Short Term Therapy for Long Term Change
Description Habib Davanloo is the founder and pioneer of the method of Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP), which is taught and used at psychotherapy and psychiatry centers worldwide. The method offers theoretical, metaphysical and technical knowledge which can be used with extraordinary precision to mobilize unconscious mental processes in order to achieve therapeutic results.
After completion of this program you will be able to:
1. Identify the spectrum of patients appropriate for short-term therapy
2. List different models of short-term dynamic psychotherapy
3. Recognize the essential therapeutic elements to guide short-term therapy.
4. Identify defenses and techniques for management of resistance to therapeutic change.
5. Recall techniques to facilitate outcome evaluation.
|Presenter(s)||Patricia C. Della, Leigh McCullough, Robert Neborsky, Michael Alpert, David Malan|