Below are some frequently asked questions about Lifespan Learning Institute. Please click on a title to read more.
We are approved by APA and CAMFT and accredited by CMA to offer coninuing education credit for licensed mnetal health professionals that fall under their perview.
When registering for live programs or purchasing Home Study programs that offer CE credit please indicate which type of credit you need for your license type:
APA - Psychologists
CAMFT - LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, & LEP
CMA - Physicians, Psychiatrists, Nurses
Note: Due to a sustained lack of requests for NBCC CE credit, Lifespan Learning Institute has discontinued offering NBCC CE Approval effective March 2019. Lifespan Leaming Institute is no longer an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP), effective September 24, 2019 and that Lifespan Leaming Institute will no longer be authorized to offer or grant NBCC continuing education credit.
These Apple mobile devices require an App to download and play. There are many available in the iTunes App store. For example:
iDownloader Free - Downloads and Download Manager app that works on mobile Apple devices.
Step 1: Click on the iDownloader app browser and type lifespanlearn.org for URL address.
Step 2: Log into your account. Click My Downloads.
Step 3: "Click to Access." A window will open. Select Download.
Step 4: Save file (option to save to Main folder or create new folder).
Step 5: Click on small triangle in right lower corner. At bottom of screen iDownloader navigation appears. Select Files.
Step 6: Click on MP3 files you want to play. Click Hide to return to previous list of files.
[NOTE: If your MP3 files are zipped select Extract to unzip them and a folder will appear with multiple MP3s inside.]
The same policy applies to both refunds and exchanges. However, if you want to exchange your item call (310) 474-2505 or email: for exchange approval code. Have the program title of the item you would like to receive.
All our digital formats (mp3, mp4 and pdf) have been selected and tested for compatablity with the major desktop and handheld device operating systems. Applications needed to play these files come preinstalled on every device. Many of our programs are compressed into zip files for ease of download.
However, If you are downloading to a phone or tablet, you may need to download an "unzipping" application. Trustworthy free unzipping apps are available in your device's app store.
Audio Programs: Depending on the size of the download file, Your order confirmation email will either contain contain a link to your download area to download individual tracks or, for large files, you will receive the direct link within 1 business day. This provides a smoother download experience for large files.
Videos: You will receive a separate email with a direct download link for your video within 1 business day. This provides a smoother download experience for large files.
Home Study Tests: You will receive a separate email invitation with access information for the test within 1 business day.
When returning an item please do the following:
- Please refer to your packing slip for return information.
- Pack the item securely in the original package, if possible.
- Enclose the bottom portion of the original packing list with the item. Be sure to keep the top portion of the packing list for your records. If you cannot send your packing list, please include your order number, billing name and address with the item.
- All productions must be returned in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all paperwork, parts and accessories to insure full credit.
- All return shipping charges must be prepaid. We cannot accept C.O.D. deliveries.
- For your protection, we recommend that you use UPS or Insured Parcel Post for your return.
- Keep the Return Tracking Number from the package you are returning to insure that the package is returned.
Ship the return package to: Lifespan Learning Institute 1023 Westholme Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90024
You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 10 days of our receiving your returned product. You will be refunded the shipping cost if the return is a result of a manufacturer error or a shipping error on our part.
In accordance with the American with Disability Act (ADA), please contact our office (310.922.3868) at least 2 weeks before the program if you need special accommodations
The Lifespan Learning Institute has implemented a process where everyone who is in a position to control the content of any educational activity must disclose any relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest. The speakers, presenters and planning committee members for this educational activity disclose that they have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
Lifespan Learning Institute is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the Ethical Principles of the APA, BBS, BRN, and NBCC. Lifespan Learning Institute will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Education Chair in consultation with the members of the continuing education committee and the program Chairperson.
While Lifespan Learning Institute goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the program staff which require intervention and/or action on the part of the program staff or an officer of Lifespan Learning Institute. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
1. If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The CE Chair will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
2. If the grievance concerns a program offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the program was offered, the program chair will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the program chair will:
- Provide a fee credit toward a future program or
- Provide a partial or full refund of the program fee.
- Actions 2a and 2b will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
3. If the grievance concerns the Lifespan Learning Institute CE program, in a specific regard, the CE Chair will attempt to arbitrate.
A grievance can be submitted to the CE Chair, Dr. Marion Solomon, by phone 310.474.2505 or by fax: 310.475.3313
Individual programs have specific terms of service to which you agree when registering on line.
If Lifespan Learning Institute cancels or postpones a program, a full refund will be issued.
- Cancellation must be made in writing (by mail or by email) and received in our offices at least 10 days prior to the first date of the program.
- All cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of 20% or thirty dollars, which ever is greater.
- The cancellation fee is applicable even if you selected "pay later" and have not yet paid.
- No refund will be made for cancellations made within 10 days of the start of the program.