This conference looks at how attachment theory, neurobiological research and the development of new therapy models are reshaping our understanding of intimate relationships. The panel was chosen for their ability to present complex concepts in a nontechnical but precise, engaging style.
Helen Fisher begins with a discussion of romantic love, lust and attachment, three brain circuits that have evolved to promote specific human mating and bonding behaviors. She delineates how these brain circuits interact in biochemical patterns that both deter and promote attachment and partner differentiation. Following this, David Schnarch presents his innovative, non-pathological approach to resurrecting sexuality and enhancing growth in ongoing relationships. He emphasizes the development of differentiation.
Daniel Siegel focuses on an interpersonal neurobiological understanding of human connections. Siegel clarifies how the developing mind, in interaction with caregivers, acquires particular patterns of attachment that become working models of future intimate relationships. Susan Johnson then presents the core interventions fo Emotionally Focused Therapy, an empirically-validated approach to couples-therapy, which focuses on fostering a secure attachment and creating new bonding interactions through reprocessing emotional experience. Emotion is seen as the primary player in the drama of marital distress and in changing injured attachment bonds. Dependency needs are depathologized.
Listeners will learn to:
• Distinguish between using attachment-based and differentiation-based interventions.
• Learn the 3 brain circuits that most effect love relationships.
• Recognize the role of differentiation in maintaining sexual desire in monogamous relationships and preventing affairs.
• Structure therapy to help distressed couples harness anxiety-provoking conflicts to resolve emotional gridlock.
This program includes the following tapes:
- (501) The Anatomy of Love
- (502) Contingent Communications & Neurobiology of Attachment
- (503) Creating Secure Attachments: EFT Approach
- (504) Dialogue
Program CD Price: $75.00
Homestudy Price: $95.00
Homestudy Credit: 14 continuing education hours
Plus sales tax (for CA residents) & Shipping (Additional Shipping Charge for International Orders)
Total CD's: 7